Please note – The CAIRSS blog has relocated to http://cairss.caul.edu.au/blog
Educause Australasia Conference (3-6 May Perth)
Some of the case studies from this repository event are now available online at: http://researchspace.auckland.ac.nz/handle/2292/3368
Please note they are still being added to.
Would be great to hear from any CAUL Repository Managers who attended.
I have picked up the following comments from participants:
- ERA has taken over ‘traditional’ repository establishment activities in 2009 for many
- Very honest discussions took place
- Discussion on the need to ‘act together’ rather than go it alone (esp. for lobbying)
- Concerns for sustainability of CAIRSS-like service (what happens when the funding runs out in 2 years)
- Repository Managers feel isolated. Want more opportunities to discuss topics with their Repository Manager peers at other institutions
- CAIRSS to organise a similar event at the 2011 Educause Conference